Thursday 28 May 2015

JUDGEMENT

I don't know which
I hate more,
poetry or poets.
It's a close run thing

The current vacant post for
Oxford professor of poetry
is being tightly contested,
I guess there's a lot of money
and prestige at stake

Simon Armitage
some big wind
has written
a statement of intent

"to discuss the situation of poetry
and poets in the 21st century,
to address the obstacles 
and opportunities
brought about by changes
in education,
changes in reading habits,
the internet,
poetry's decreasing 'market share',
poetry's relationship with the civilian world
and the (alleged) long, lingering
death of the book".

what a fucking bore,
the guy should be strung up,
and whatever happened
to poetry's relationship with
the military world?
huh?

here's some of his poetry:
"It is not through weeping,
but all evening the pale blue eye
on your most photogenic side has kept
its own unfathomable tide. Like the boy
at the dyke I have been there.........."

On it babbles, a soupy
slovenly syrup of half-baked words
and feeble observations.
Save me from these people
please,
save me from their pathetic world
and their nauseous
blatherings


No comments:

Post a Comment