Thursday 21 May 2015

ESSENCE 6

Six twigs I pour
into your jaw

The first twig
is surrounded by halos
and crackling vacuums
and is at the point
of a virgin birth

the second twig
has surrendered to
the temptations
of  autumn skies
and lazy riverbanks

the third twig
is akin to an olive branch
but it only talks of destruction
and the obliteration of history

the fourth twig
once went out with someone from
a soap
but they split up when she
became a little bit famous

the fifth twig
is ego and
self-centredness
a dry untouchable longing.
When I stuff it down
your throat
I treat it with reverence
even though I do not morally
approve of it

The Sixth and final twig
grew up in a beautiful place
fell in love
danced with the dawn
then met me
and everything went wrong.
When I bless you with its
stubbly promise
you will react
accordingly

Six twigs I pour
into your jaw




No comments:

Post a Comment