Monday 20 April 2015

TO MY ENEMIES (WHO ARE NUMEROUS)

To my enemies
CLOTH CAP in hand
doffing a lot
and sniffling
yes, sniffling

For you are of course
so much wiser, wittier and winsome
than I.

what else can I do but grovel at your feet
like an unloved puppydog
with screwed up eyes
and a cute sideways head movement

To my enemies
head bowed
acceptant of your superiority
in every facet of my
life
your
life
anyone's
life

For naturally you are a poet a mystic a visionary
as well as being exceptionally perceptive
and with an intellect, well, well above average

To my enemies
I raise my bowl of porridge
I salute
whilst staring in the sun
and now
like an uneasy reptile
I slither away
shamefully, haphazardly
a slimy globule
in the shade of your vastly encompassing genius

No comments:

Post a Comment