Sunday 19 April 2015

CORRESPONDINGLY

With eyes of illumination
smoked out head
reading the futures of
people as they passed me in the street
at one with the timeless moment
my feet befell the shell
of a giant supermarket
and within its boarded  up
restlessness
a towering crane
a red-necked swindler if you ask me
wrestled with the sky
and I
was only going to a football match
I didn't ask the weight of eternity to accompany me

but it did
a shiny dry beast
as unprepared and dishevelled as everyone else

it was freezing in the stand
though the pitch was in full sun
some kind of elusive philosophical truth
was hinted at

Devera at right back! Why?
Westcarr, no idea,
Antangana,
Antangana, who had showed promise,
who should now flourish,
played like a three-legged hippopotamus.
no wingers, a midfield without purpose

It doesn't matter
it's irrelevant,
like
hypermarkets,
and drive-in McDonalds,
like buildings bestowing vicious
ugliness and nothing more,
as if we were slaves to their will

we just accept
defeat
and lack of vision
they slither across the blazing grass
like yet another misplaced pass




No comments:

Post a Comment