Tuesday 14 July 2015

DID SOMEONE REALLY WRITE THIS?

Trawling through
the swampy wastelands
of modern poetry
in some vain attempt to get
my 'stuff' about
I came across this:

"We prefer poems with these qualities:
image, subtlety and point of view;
a surface of worldly exactitude,
as well as a depth of semantic ambiguity;
and a voice that negotiates
with its body of predecessors."

Well, I'm fucking up for that!

Oh, body of Predecessors!
Sorry, I just kicked you in the nuts,
I didn't know who you were.
If I'd have known,
I would have, like,
semantically,
and ambiguously,
and showing a fucking fistful
of worldly exactitude,
not to mention using
real subtle imagery,
torn your heart out from your body
and thrown it to the dogs

How's that
for a point of view?



No comments:

Post a Comment